Service Agreement This Service Agreement contains the terms which are applicable to all branches of We Love Pets. Please read them carefully and ensure that you understand and agree to them. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Any reference to ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ means your local branch of We Love Pets.
Any reference to ‘you’ is its natural meaning: you the customer.
Any reference to ‘Service’ means a pet service detailed at http://www.welovepets.co.uk/services which you have booked.
(1) We provide pet care services to customers pets and we have the reasonable skill, knowledge and experience in this field.
(2) You wish to engage our services as set out in this Agreement, the Terms of Business and the ‘Service Information Order Form’ (“Form”), subject to the terms.
(3) We agree to provide the Service to you on the following terms. This Agreement, the Terms of Business and the ‘Service Information Order Form’ (“Form”) constitute a Contract between us and you.
1. We agree to provide our services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner.
2. Provide you with our full details in the Form, including; address, branch name, contacts details and Vat number (if applicable).
What you agree to do
3. You agree to pay the rates that are in effect at the time your pet is in our care.
4. You agree to provide at least 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, to avoid being charged in full.
5. You agree to provide us with all information necessary for the satisfactory performance of our services, including any dietary, nutritional or exercise requirements of the pet and any other instructions for the wellbeing of the animal.
6. You are responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment, medication, food and supplies needed for the care of your animals.
7. You agree to provide keys, or arrange for keys to be available, for the appointment. If the provided key does not work, or an incorrect key is supplied, you authorise us to obtain keys or access from emergency contacts, landlords or using a locksmith.
8. You agree to provide us with an emergency contact person who will be available, and can make decisions about your home, pet and property, in your absence.
9. You authorise us to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with your pet. We will make every effort to contact you prior to obtaining emergency care. You accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. You also authorise us to utilise an alternative veterinarian in the event your regular veterinarian is unavailable, doesn’t operate an out of hours service or cannot be reached.
10. You authorise us to obtain veterinary care to treat an existing or new medical condition or health issue. We will make every effort to contact you prior to obtaining care. You accept responsibility for any charges related to this care. You agree to reimburse us for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, equipment, food, access or supplies.
11. You will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to persons or animals by the pet.
12. You agree to indemnify us in the event of a claim by any other person injured by the pet.
13. Upon termination of your contract with us, for a period of 6 months you agree not to contact any member of our staff (past or present) requesting them to provide pet care services.
14. We require that your pet should be up to date with all vaccinations, worm and flea treatments. If your pet has a parasitic infection your pet will be treated, in consultation with your vet, and you will be responsible for reimbursing the cost. For dogs being boarded, any flea and worming treatment must be administered more than 24 hours prior to the dog being dropped off.
15. Rabbits must be vaccinated against Myxomatosis and Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (VHD) and a certificate presented as proof. Every precaution must be taken against flystrike for rabbits and guinea pigs before care starts.
16. Dogs being boarded must be vaccinated and an original certificate must be presented as proof. We may require a copy of this. We accept a Titer test for Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvovirus (DHP) but boarded dogs will still need to be vaccinated against Kennel Cough and Leptospirosis. The initial test must be carried out within 3 years of a previous vaccine being administered. A Titer test must then be carried out at 12 monthly intervals to show immunity levels and dogs revaccinated where advised.
17. Pets must have pet insurance that covers for illness, accident or loss while you are away, or a third party is caring for your pet.
18. We reserve the right to terminate this contract at any time if we or the employee, in his/her sole discretion determines that owner’s animal poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the employee. If concerns prevent the employee from caring for the pet, the owner authorises the animal to be placed in care of another, with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, housing, tranquilising, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the owner.
19. We do not accept responsibility for security of your premises, or loss, during the term of this agreement. During all assignments our employees will only undertake pet care, unless prearranged with you.
20. If you have given permission for your dog to be walked off lead you will not hold us, or any of our staff, liable for damage, loss or injury if your dog runs away.
21. We are not responsible for damage caused by a pet escaping because of a faulty lead, collar or harness, or equipment that is not properly fitting.
22. We cannot be held responsible for any loss of pets if they have access to an open cat flap/window/door within their own home.
23. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your property, or that of others, caused by your pets during the period in which they are in our care.
24. You understand that there is always a risk of injury to a dog, especially when other dogs are present. You agree not to hold We Love Pets, or their staff, liable for any illness, injury or incident whilst in the care of We Love Pets.
25. You understand that there is always a risk of illness, injury or incident to a pet when left at home. You agree not to hold We Love Pets, or their staff, liable for any illness, injury or incident whilst in the care of We Love Pets, and in between visits.
26. We shall not be held responsible for injury or illness to your pet if you fail to remove hazards or dangers from your home.
27. All animal boarders will hold an animal boarding licence. Animal boarders may leave the pet unattended in the home for a reasonable amount of time. We follow local authority licence conditions and DEFRA’s Code of Practice for the Welfare of Dogs, and pets will not be left for more than 4 hours at a time.
28. You agree to notify us of any concerns within 24 hours after any appointment. Please contact your branch.